Are you one of those people who at the thought of redecorating their kitchen it sends chills down your spine? And not the good chills.
Some people start thinking that they need to replace everything in order to get a whole new look. But that’s just not true.
Just by following a couple, or all, of the tips provided below, you should be able to create something new for next to nothing. And who doesn’t like to get something new when it doesn’t cost very much?
1. Instead of replacing the cabinets in your kitchen, why not repaint them? There are lots of techniques around that are easy to learn and will create a cool designer look. Techniques as crackling, faux finishing and glazing are not only simple to do, but will save you lots of money.
If you need help on looking for ways to up date old and tired kitchen cabinets, just take a look at this article:
2. Dreary, tired looking kitchen? Give your kitchen walls a new look with a coat of paint. By painting your walls in warm and inviting colors, you will make the room even more of the hub of the home. Plus, if you have good quality wooden cabinets, a new coat of paint will help the wood to appear richer.
3. Why not spend a little of your budget on purchasing some new hand towels and potholders that will match the color of your new décor?
4. Another simple and really REALLY easy tip for redecorating your kitchen (and it’ll cost you nothing) is to get some of those beautiful dishes (serving bowls, platters, soup tureens, etc. ) and glassware you have out of the cupboards, and use them to accentuate the kitchen.
- Use the soup tureen for a cookie jar.
- Hang a large platter on the wall.
- Use a beautiful glass pitcher as a vase.
5. A great way of changing the whole décor of your kitchen is just by putting up new curtains! Really. Curtains in a fresh new pattern or color will make the whole room look different. You could try this first before you do anything else.
New curtains certainly will not break the bank. Plus, you may well find that just making this one change will give your kitchen a completely different look.
By changing your curtains, you could actually bring out the personality of the kitchen with little or no effort on your part. Try avoiding those cute little curtains made specifically FOR kitchens and instead try some that are more for bedrooms or dens. Something heavier and “richer” looking.
6. Why not consider replacing the cabinet doors. Just the cabinet doors, not the whole cabinet. There are lots of companies around that have many different designs, colors and shapes of kitchen cabinet doors. Light, dark, glass. You pick. This is a much more cost effective way of giving your kitchen a whole new look without actually having to replace the whole cabinet.
7. A bit less expensive option to replacing the cabinet doors… is to just replace the wood insert for glass. This can be done by a medium skilled DIY’er and a fairly small budget.
8. Even easier than replacing the kitchen cabinet doors? Replace the hardware! Get new knobs or put on handles instead of knobs. Just by doing this you will be giving your kitchen a whole new look.
9. Another affordable way of making your kitchen look different is by adding a kitchen island. They not only provide you with more counter space, but they provide a place where people can gather.
However, for those of us on a budget, instead of getting a permanent one, why not instead consider getting a kitchen cart? Because they are on wheels, when not being used they can be put away.
You can make an island out of an old table by adding wheels! Use larger wheels (3″ or 4″ in diameter) to lift the table higher and make it a better work surface.
10. Finally, even if your kitchen redecorating budget is small think about replacing the backsplash. Just by doing this, you can really dress up that drab and dull kitchen that you have.
The great thing about backsplashes is that they now come in a variety of different colors and materials, as well as styles. But how much you spend on this will depend on what material you pick.
So there you have it. Simple and easy ways to revitalize a kitchen. Redecorating your kitchen on a budget can be as simple as giving the walls a new coat of paint, or changing the doors on your cabinets or just the existing hardware. Just by making one little change to your kitchen you can give it a whole new look.